Tuesday 27 October 2015

Underwater Pole shoot at K2 in Crawley Olympic size swimming pool

A massive thank you to Steve Penney & RPOLE portable and free standing pole fitness equipment and the 7 mermaids and helpful staff at the Olympic size swimming pool, K2 in Crawley for making this underwater shoot happen

Kay Penney - Co creator of the RPole - Advanced Pole Passion Fitness Instructor
Yvette Dusol - Miss Pole Dance UK singles champion 2014/2015 - Miss Pole Dance UK Doubles Champion 2015/2016
David SkDa - Pole Sport Artist and Instructor
Nikki Mafia -Pole Sport Artist and Instructor
Radek Gora - Photographer
Bella Monnery - Advanced Pole Fitness Instructor - Shoreham-on-sea
Sam Clarke - Advanced Pole Fitness Instructor - East Grinstead
Nadia Budurusi - From Romania Miss Pole Dance

www.polepassion.com




Georgia Interviews Kay Penney

1) Have you ever done an underwater pole shoot before?
Yes I did my first underwater shoot on the Pole Passion camp in Spain in 2011

The water was freezing !!

How did this shoot compare?
My first shoot was amazing because it was something that had never been achieved before and I love pioneering pole fitness in different situations

My love of water, my desire to be a synchronised swimmer and it was something that had never been done before was an added bonus  and that it was achieved with the portable RPOLE

This recent shoot was more organised
There were more taking part and above all we had a professional camera man enabling a 90 minutes shoot rather than a 15 minute shoot

2) Did you have specific moves planned for the shoot?
I had certain ideas but like with all my shoots I tend to have more than required outfits and love the freestyle and inprovision of the shoot

3) Do you feel the Water made it harder or easier to achieve poses? Why?
The water was certainly a challenge but for me whilst the moves were easier to accomplish it was harder in the sense you had the challenge of controlled breathing going upside down and I opted to do it without goggles and a nose clip
So more than often it went up my nose making it extremely uncomfortable

4) Do you feel happy with how the shoot went?
Yes the shoot went very well

5) If you do another underwater photo shoot what would you change?
I would research underwater eyelash glue !!
My false eyelashes fell off within the first 10 minutes and I would research underwater lipstick too - any offers??


6) What preparation would you suggest for somebody looking to do an underwater photo shoot who hasn't done one before?
Chose dark colours
Pale colours don't look as striking underwater
Go for flowing material
Take your time
Dare to be different


Is there anything else you would like to add?

I'd like to thank the photographer Radek Gora for his patience and bringing his underwater equipment to make the shoot such a success

for more about Pole Passion and Pole Fitness Lessons contact us on
Email: theteam@passion-fitness.com
www.polepassion.com







No comments: