Thursday, 6 October 2011
Kay Penney Head Judge World Pole Dance Championships 2011
One of the first pole dance for fitness instructors in the UK and world, who started practicing pole dance techniques in 2001 soon after the birth of her third child as a new fun way to remain in shape mentally and physically, innovating and pioneering the UK pole industry.
As a dance, health and beauty professional expert and fitness professional from a very early age Kay has made Pole now her sole dance and fitness passion.
She is co-inventor of the Rpole www.r-polefitness.com , the first ever free standing, light weight, portable pole, with no stage, designed specifically for the gym environment and pole fitness programmes and accredited instructor training she developed in 2008, awarding students the highest awards in the industry from foundational courses to Master trainer status.
Kay has spent the last 8 years continually creating, networking internationally and supporting all pole athletes across the world working with different cultures and ethics, with her simple mission and message in mind – that to allow all to showcase their art of dance and passion on a world stage without the fear of being wrongly judged. She created he own pole business in 2003 Pole Passion Ltd www.polepassion.com and went on to create the largest and most respected pole competition in the UK Miss Pole Dance UK www.misspoledance-uk.com , following on adding all categories, amateur and semi pro divisions, including the first Male championships Mr Pole Fitness UK, culminating in the creation of World Pole Sport & Fitness – World Pole Dance in 2009 in Jamaica.
She continues to have a daily and very active role in her business’ despite a busy family life, supporting cancer charities which is close to her heart with her mother and herself both being sufferers of the disease, also women and men in this chosen genre and is proud to have her burlesque instructor training certifications accredited in the UK for fitness too.
2001 - Started Pole Dancing for fun and fitness
2003 - Owner and founder of Pole Passion Ltd
2004 - 1. Miss Pole Idol Competitor - Regional winner
2005 - 2. The Inaugural Miss Pole Dance UK Professional Finals - creator
- 3. World Pole Dance Finals - Amsterdam – invited judge
2006 - 4-11.Miss Pole Dance UK Professional regional heats x 8 in Newquay
12. Miss Pole Dance UK Professional finals – head judge
Miss Pole Dance UK fitness category created and introduced
Author of the world's first published Code of Pole Practice
Introduction & creator of Master Class workshops for instructors in the UK
13. Local Amateur Pole competition – invited judge
14. Miss Pole Dance UK Professional – head judge
Miss Pole Dance synchronised doubles category created and introduced
Author of two accredited Pole Fitness Instructor training qualifications
15. Miss Pole Dance UK Professional – head judge
16. Miss Pole Dance UK Amateur championships created and introduced
17. Miss Pole Dance Japan – invited judge
2009 - The Rpole is born
18. World Pole Sport & Fitness championships created and introduced – head judge
Invited Honorary Board Member of the Pole Fitness Association
Invited on Cirque du Soleil Pole Dance casting research team
19. Miss Pole Dance Hungry – invited judge
20. Miss Pole Dance Russia – invited judge
21. German Pole Dance Competition – invited judge
22. Miss Pole Dance UK Amateur – head judge
23. Mr Pole Fitness UK championship Inaugural event created – head judge
24. Miss Pole Dance UK professional knockout created
25. Miss Pole Dance UK Professional – head judge
26. Latinamerica Pole Dance championships – invited judge
27. Miss Pole Fitness Switzerland invited judge
28. Invited instructor to Dubai and programme development
29. Invited judge Copenhagen
30. Routine for The Nation - nominated facilitator for group session, full day, judging workshop - the first of its kind
31. Invited judge Pole Dance France National championships
32. Invited judge Miss Pole Dance Hungary
Author of Published International Judging criteria available worldwide
Kay has been involved in the fitness industry for over 20 years, is a qualified fitness professional, burlesque instructor, presenter and performer and supports her team of qualified instructors and runs her own weekly pole fitness lessons www.polepassion.com ~ www.burlesque-passion.com ~ www.misspoledance-uk.com and is a qualified beauty therapist and sports masseuse for 20 years. She is a member of the Fitness Industry Association and is co innovator of the Portable and Free standing 'R Pole', specifically designed for pole fitness in gyms.
Her main ambitions now are to continue to support the most talented all the way through to those new to pole too. Her lifelong affiliation and love of all sports, dance forms & performing arts and a caring attitude to support those who have a desire to be the best they can be, have brought her to this destiny.
www.worldpoledance.com -owner and founder
www.misspoledance-uk - owner and founder
www.polepassion.com - owner and founder
www.r-polefitness.com - co owner and founder
www.passion-fitness.com - owner and founder
Tel 0871 318 3838 or +44 (0) 7921948606
Kay seen here with twice world champion Felix Cane