Have you ever tried an eye sleep mask? I use one frequently and can not be more excited to share with you the benefits of wearing an eye mask or sleep mask as they are also known as
I have tried and tested a variety of masks over the years and have found this is a comfortable one.
This eye mask may just be the key to a sound sleep and all the health benefits that go with it.
- You can definitely get a better night's sleep by blocking out artificial light and helping to maintain hormone balance. Not only does sleeping in darker conditions increases our melatonin production, but scientists have also discovered that dark sleeping conditions lead to an increased time in REM sleep and decreased wakefulness. We produce more melatonin during darkness which helps us sleep more soundly.
- Eye masks help us to close our eyes and keep them closed avoiding any bedroom distractions or temptations that may keep us a wake
- They are safer and less addictive than pills or alcohol
- They can protect your eyes from dryness especially during the winter when dry air is being circulated indoors due to the heating
- When worn over time, they may even prevent eye winkles, which naturally begin to form around the eyes especially if you are a side sleeper, resting your head and face directly onto the pillow which could in turn increase the breakdown of collagen, therefore speeding up the wrinkle process !