Wednesday 24 November 2010

Pole Passion Bognor Pole Fitness Classes



Introducing Pole Passion Bognor

Susannah Thompson ~
Mother
Professional
Pole addict

Sue’s in the spot light this month as she is embarking in a part time job with Pole Passion
We asked questions to find out more about Sue!!


How long you have been Poling?
I've been poling for 18 months now and am completely addicted! I've never been particularly keen on exercise so I was surprised that I enjoyed this as much as I did. I now love it more than ever and haven't looked back since my first lesson! I have been apprenticing with an advanced instructor since January 2010 and during that time I've discovered that I love passing on my addiction to others and watching them develop and improve.

What made you get into it?
I didn't have a particularly healthy lifestyle and was advised by the doctor to try and gain some muscle to deal with some health issues. He suggested lifting weights in a gym but I've never been a fan of exercise so didn't think I'd be able to do that. Instead I decided to try Pole Fitness, as this involves supporting your body weight in various poses and spins, the end result being increased strength, better tone and flexibility. I love music, so it’s no chore to dance! It worked wonders for me and my health has improved dramatically as a result.

What is your favourite part about it?
The thing I love most about Pole is the way that everyone is good at different bits of it. You don't have to be super flexible or super strong because you can adapt the moves to work with what you have. Everyone has a move they get first time while the person next to them takes weeks to get it. Equally, everyone has a move that just persistently eludes them! There are enough 'quick wins' to keep you motivated and enough difficult moves to keep you challenged. Perfect combination!

Do you have any other hobbies?
I'm not a big fan of exercise and apart from Pilates I did very little before starting Pole. Now though, I also do silks, hoop and trapeze - Ariel skills which perfectly compliment my Pole training. I regularly attend master classes, competitions and workshops in Pole and Ariel skills to make sure that I have new ideas to bring to the students.

Sue currently teaches from Redhill Life Line fitness and is soon to start at
Arun Leisure Centre
Felpham Way
Bognor Regis
West Sussex
PO22 8ED



www.polepassion.com/fitness
email: theteam@polepassion.com for more information

No comments: