Monday 15 November 2010

Miss Pole Fitness UK - winner 2010 Beatrice Morgan




Beatrice Morgan - Centre right seen here with Kay Penney, founder of Miss Pole Dance UK
Miss Pole Fitness Amateur UK - champion
Interview

Hello Beatrice how does it feel to win Miss Pole Fitness Amateur UK?

I'm still in shock! I never thought I'd win. But it feels great; it's something to show for all the hours put in!


Did you go in it to win it?
Not at all, a friend of mine found out about the competition and suggested we enter so a few of us did to see what it was like. I thought it'd be a learning experience and a way of boosting my confidence, plus I like a challenge.


Are you classically dance trained? As your routine was very graceful and balletic.

I used to dance, up until I was about 15. I did Ballet, Tap, Modern and Jazz. Although I've stopped I still love Ballet, and that's why I decided to put that into my routine.


How long have you been Pole Dancing for?

Just coming up to a year now.


What made you get into it?

A couple of friends and I were at our University's freshers fair and we saw the Pole Fitness society. We thought it would be just quite fun to join, but we ended up getting really into it very quickly, and loved every second (including the bruises!) and I'm now Vice President of Kent Pole Fitness.


Has this competition given you a hunger to compete in more competitions?

Potentially. I'm not a very confident person, before the competition I hadn't shown my routine to anyone as I was too nervous. But making it through it, let alone winning, has given me a drive. Plus I had such an amazing time doing it.


What advice would you give to anyone who has never competed before?

Just go for it. That's what I did. Through yourself into the deep end as it may well be just as rewarding as what happened to me.

Do you have a Pole Idol?

I love Jenyne Butterfly. She's so graceful and strong.


Were you nervous on the day of the competition?

Absolutely! I don't think I've ever been more nervous in my life!


Finally will come to compete in Miss Pole Dance Semi Pro next year?

I'd love to, but watching this year showed me just how amazing those girls are. So i’ll best get practicing!


Thank you Beatrice!

The Pole Passion Competition’s Team x

for more information regarding UK competitions visit
www.misspoledance-uk.com

No comments: