Thursday 5 December 2013

NEW Worthing Pole fitness classes with Pole Passion

Elyse Donovan – Worthing’s New Pole Passion instructor 2014
I have students travelling as far as Shoreham, Lancing, Findon, Patching, Ferring and Steyning

Hello, my name is Elyse, I'm 33 years old and I started to learn pole fitness after I had my first baby in 2009. 
I am an accredited pole fitness instructor with Pole Passion.
After lesson one, I was totally addicted. It got me back in shape after having my son, but it also made me stronger and fitter than before.  I was itching to get back to pole after my second baby in 2012 and I decided to apprentice and take the next step to becoming an instructor.  I would love to pass this passion on to others in my classes. 

My open day is coming up on 14 December 2014 at Northbrook Barn in Durrington, and I hope that curious people will pop along to see what pole classes are all about.  It will be a chance to see more experienced polers at work which will inspire beginners and new comers alike.  

My lessons are for beginners and will help people to get fit, strong and body confident in a fun environment.  I'm an 80's baby, so expect some retro tunes in class!  As long as you are over 16 you can do pole no matter what shape or size you are.  It’s like no other exercise most people will have tried before, so if you want a new challenge for the new year, give it a try - you'll love it!  

Classes from 6th Jan 2014 on Monday nights 6.30-7.30pm and 
Tuesday lunchtimes 12.00 -1.00pm.

Some questions we asked Elyse

When did you get into pole? 
After my first baby was born in 2009 when I was 29 years old.

How did you get into pole? 
I wanted try something new. I saw an open day invitation and thought - why not!

Sexy or fitness or both? 
I'm a fitness girl, but there's nothing wrong with a cheeky routine here and there!!

Favourite pole move? 
It's got to be the straight edge. (upside handstand with both hands on the pole)
I was desperate to get that move and when I did I got a real sense of achievement.

Least favourite pole move and why? 
My nemesis was the cradle spin ( this is sideways spinning movement around the pole with the legs in a tuck position and arms stretched wide gripping the pole) - it took me 9 months to get it.

Interests outside of pole? 
I'm a mum of two, so my boys keep me very busy, but I love to have a good night in with the girls when I can.  

For more information about Elyse' classes visit - www.polepassion.com

http://www.polepassion.com/Learn_to_Pole_Dance_Worthing_s/1885.htm

No comments: